A private sector that responds to the growing challenges of HIV and AIDS, ensuring equal rights and opportunities for employees infected or affected by HIV.
To prevent the spread and mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS in the private sector as well as positioning members to contribute to the national response in their host communities.
The coalition’s overarching goal is to support business to implement HIV and AIDS workplace programmes and to position members’ individually, as well as collectively to contribute to national responds to HIV pandemic. This, we do by supporting the private sector to establish and implement HIV and AIDS workplace and community-based prevention, education, care and support programmes.
- Conduct formative research to fully understand health-related behaviours with regards to HIV and AIDS.
- Increase the number and diversity of companies including Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) committed to addressing the HIV and AIDS epidemic in Nigeria.
- Support the development of workplace HIV and AIDS policies and programmes in member companies.
- Increase the quality and reach of private sector HIV and AIDS prevention programmes in the workplace and communities where they do their business.
- Build partnership with government, civil society organizations and the international community to enhance and facilitate the use of companies’ core competencies and products in the response to HIV and AIDS.
- Use social marketing to promote products and services that will support the treatment of HIV and AIDS.
- Promote activities encouraging demand for HIV Testing Services (HTS) in the workplace.